Covering all Operations sites in five countries
Kekkilä-BVB is the European leader in horticulture. We provide products and services for professional greenhouse growers, consumers and landscapers to over 100 countries worldwide. We have strong product brands within the professional and consumer-growing markets. Together with our customers, we grow for a better future. We have 13 production sites and employ around 600 employees spread over 9 countries.
Sustainability is an integral part of our business, and it develops in response to changes in our business environment and stakeholder expectations. Regarding environmental sustainability, we do our business in balance with nature focusing on reducing our greenhouse gas emissions, increasing circularity, and enhancing biodiversity. Overall, the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications are the basis on which we continue to improve the quality and environmental performance of our Operations. During 2021 we extended the ISO 9001 to cover all the Kekkilä-BVB sites. Moving on, we will continue to implement the 14001 to the Dutch sites.
As Environmental Manager, you are responsible for the ISO 14001 environmental management system for Kekkilä-BVB
(covering all Operations sites in five countries). Approximately 50% of the time will be spent working directly with the operational teams. Travel to the current 13 operational locations in the Netherlands, Germany, Estonia, Finland, and Sweden will take approximately 20% of the time.
- Annual improvement plan (incl. environmental sustainability goals, KPI targets, annual action plans, and follow-up);
- The environmental management system, including ISO 14001 certification, audits and other inspections, and extension of ISO 14001 certification to the Dutch and German sites;
- Follow-up of environmental legislation (European Union and national level: the Netherlands);
- Analysis of environmental performance indicators (KPIs) against targets, analysis of root causes, and identification and coordination of improvement measures;
- Environmental KPI reporting, main effort in annual sustainability report (GRI);
- Coordination of chemical safety in operations, including chemical registry management;
- Responding to sustainability surveys or LCA reporting requests from customers (focus on environmental sustainability goals and KPIs);
- Harmonization of the chemistry register at the operational level of Kekkilä-BVB (fit for purpose).
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, economics, industrial management, or technology;
- 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Environmental regulation and legislation knowhow including ISO 14001 certification, experience as a responsible manager or qualified auditor;
- Capability to assess environmental-related risks and issues and identify practical improvement actions;
- A structured mindset to plan and implement development and improvement activities;
- Seeks for continuous development of operative processes, defines and implements change needs;
- Courage to take all needed actions to ensure environmental sustainability and product safety laws, regulations, and best practices are followed;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing. Dutch is not mandatory, but a huge advantage.
- Willingness to travel.
At Kekkilä-BVB you get a lot of flexibility, responsibility, variety, and challenges. You will work in the green business with inspiring and professional colleagues.
Our values are: Focus on customer success, Achieving together, Courage to renew and Trust through respect. If these resonate with you and you recognize yourself in the qualities described, please apply by April 29th, 2022.
March 16, 2022