Extraction and processing CO2 footprint (0-10 points)
Distance of origin to production facility (0-5 points)
Distance production - customer (0-5 points)
Renewable, metal, mineral or fossil (0-10 points)
Raw material fossil carbon content (0-10 points)
CO2compensation (0-2 points)
For determination of climate resilience, many factors are considered. First the type of material and fossil carbon content, then raw material extraction and processing carbon footprint and finally transport from and to our production facilities. All questions weigh equally in the final climate resilience score, except for transport distances which is known to have a significant yet relatively lower impact than other factors.
Calculating the score
Per aspect the final score is a percentage calculated by dividing the actual score by the maximum score. In case of a Product the maximum score is 40, in case of a Raw Material this is 35 for this aspect.
You are calculating the score for a Product.
- The footprint for extraction and processing (in kg CO2 eq./m3) ranges between 5 and 18 for all raw materials
- The raw materials are sourced within 150 of the production facility
- The distance of the production facility to the customer is 5000 km.
- 30% of the product is made out of peat, while the other 70% contains quickly renewable raw materials.
- The footprint for the raw material is (in kg CO2 eq./m3) 75
- 100% of the carbon footprint is compensated.
The determination of Climate resilient for this example would be: (5+5+0+7+0+2) / 40 = 48%.
All aspects within the Future Fit Framework
About the Future Fit Framework
Kekkilä-BVB Future Fit Framework by Kekkilä-BVB is licensed under CC BY 4.0